- PELL recipients include anyone receiving PELL in the reporting period. For instance, for the six year cohort beginning in Fall-2011, anyone receiving PELL between 201108 and 201705 is considered a PELL recipient.
- Information is stored in VFA-Jims.accdb (file:///M:\IAssess\VFA\VFA-Jims.accdb), an Access database. Some older information is stored in file:///M:\IAssess\VFA\VFA-Jims - 080118.accdb.
- User manuals with detailed information about metrics - who and what to include in submissions - are stored in M:\IAssess\VFA\Manuals.
- All cohorts are stored in tblCohorts in the VFA database. Make a copy of the table BEFORE appending any new records.
1. Run qryCohorts_Append to append new records to tblCohorts.
2. Determine which students are high school grads or have a GED before they enrolled at MVCC, which is an inexact science, and update HS_Grad with Y/N as appropriate. Most off the information is stored in tblCohorts, but some may need to be verified in BANNER SAAADMS. Transcripts may have been received and recorded there, but not in SOAHSCH.
- Ideally graduates have an appropriate diploma code in SORHSCH_DPLM_CODE and a transcript date (SORHSCH_TRANS_RECV_DATE) greater than or equal to their graduation date (SORHSCH_GRADUATION_DATE), which must be before they began classes.
- Others include a graduation date before classes begin and the student is matriculated at MVCC.
- Sometimes a GED diploma is dated shortly after classes begin, which probably means we didn't receive the paperwork on time.
- Look for students with a prior advanced degree (Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) in SORHSCH_ADMR_CODE or SORHSCH_DPLM_CODE.
- Students without an appropriate diploma code and not transcript received date are not graduates and should not be included.
- Others are up to your discretion
- Delete any students that are not high school graduates/have not completed their GED.
4. You must update dual credit hours - run qryDual_Credit_hrs to create table tblDual_Credit_Hours. Use the information in that table to update the hours in tblCohorts. Dual credits should only include courses with a grade of D or better.
1. Student Demographics - Run qryDemographics_Output and export to an Excel workbook. Convert the workbook to a comma separated (CSV) file, and upload it to VFA.
2. Student Course - Run qryCourses_Output to generate an Excel workbook.
- Before converting it to CSV, check Course_Subject. Currently two SL courses are English and two are Remedial.
- Also, look at the courses to see if Course_Level is rational. Currently four SL courses are "Coreq".
3. Student Completion - Run qryStudent_Completion to generate and Excel workbook.
- Before converting and uploading the file, verify the dates included are within the period covered.
4. Student Developmental Need -
5. Student Transfer -
Information is submitted online through the VFA home page , which requires username credentials.