Loading...
 

September 24, 2015

Back to Home Page

Enrollment Management Council

September 24, 2015

Present: Jason Carpenter, Bob Decker, Jen DeWeerth, Matthew Fikes, Rich Haubert, Lew Kahler, Jake Mihevc
Excused: Belinda Alvarado, Dan Ianno, Bill McDonald
Agenda
  1. Tracking table/wiki project
There was discussion about wiki and share point. Rich will work with Jason Yager to create a set up that works for making the table and supporting materials accessible to employees. There should be a location for source documents with the tracking table containing live links to those.
  1. Adult leaner/working adults recommendations
Jen distributed notes from an interview with Janet Visalli. The consensus was that the recommendation should include data about what academic programs and formats prospective working adult students want for cohort/evening type programs. The survey Carolyn DeJohn is doing may not be completed until about January. Further steps should wait until that time. Or a more narrow initial recommendation could be sent supporting the current effort by BISS to launch an evening business management cohort program for Fall 2016.
    • In the meantime, we should move forward with transfer program recommendations. These could include some that relate to adult learner cohort programs since some of our transfer partners need feeder students into such programs at the Bachelor level.
    • There was also discussion about Prior Learning Assessments. The current CEL (credit for Experiential Learning) is necessarily time and money intensive because faculty need to review the materials submitted and only then determine whether credit is appropriate. On the other hand, it would be fairly straightforward to place a table in the catalog similar to the AP exam table (how much course credit is awarded for specific scores in specific subjects) but for non-traditional students who take DSST or CLEP. This could also be a fall recommendation.
Next Steps
  • International Recruitment Work Group reports out at our next meeting. We should plan to submit a recommendation related to international recruitment shortly thereafter.
  • Lew and Jake will give an update on the creator handbook project at the next meeting.
  • Lew will bring information about the new University partnerships/transfer to the next meeting.