Deceased Students


1. If student is enrolled, Counseling needs to complete a Withdrawal form.
2. Enter deceased code and date of death on either SPAPERS or SPAIDEN. The field is in the Biographical section. Date of death can be obtained from the withdrawal form, death certificate, obituary in the newspaper or online or call from a parent. If unable to obtain the date of death, use the date we were notified.
3. Inactivate address, phone number and email on SPAIDEN.
4. Drop classes on SFAREGS when Withdrawal form is received.
5. Change student status to “IS” (Inactive) on SFAREGS under STUDENT TERM.
6. Notify Dennis Gibbons if the student is registered Full-Time. He will need to check on the insurance death benefit.
7. Notify instructors.